PLEASE NOTE: This page is no longer updated and information may be out of date
What is the London and South East Learning Collaborative?
The London and South East CYP IAPT Learning Collaborative is a collaboration between the Anna Freud Centre, Tavistock and Portman, University College London and Kings College London and over 70 providers and commissioning bodies of children and young peoples mental health services across NHS, Local Authority and Voluntary sectors working in London and the South East of England.
It’s one of five Learning Collaboratives across England that are part of the CYP IAPT country-wide transformation programme. The programme will include 100% of services by 2018.
The collaborative is hosted by the Anna Freud Centre, directly connected to the CAMHS team at NHSE, and receives funding from NHS England and Health Education England. The collaborative seeks to improve services through better evidence based practice, better collaborative practice, authentic participation and better use of feedback and clinical outcomes across all services.
Members of the collaborative get access to:
- Whole team and individual training (including postgraduate trainings), which are improved and augmented iteratively based on members feedback
- Consultation for service leaders, supervisors and practitioners;
- Best practice, implementation and service improvement workshops
- In-put to local commissioners on transformation planning and implementation
The Collaborative has put together an essential guide aimed at anyone involved in commissioning of children and young people’s mental health services across the NHS, local authority or voluntary sectors.
It will be particularly useful to members of:
- Health and Well-being Boards
- Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs)
- Strategic Clinical Networks
- Academic Health Science Networks (AHSNs)
- Local Healthwatch Boards.
Tools for Commissioners
- CYP IAPT Service Transformation Guide
- Read our booklet for an overview of the collaborative: An Introduction to the Learning Collaborative
- Learn more about what service transformation with the collaborative looks like here: A Step-by-Step Guide to Implementing CYP IAPT
- Click here to see the collaborative Terms of Reference